They’re Here: 2021 Trends in Branded Merchandise
Well, 2020 was quite a year, right? But we made it through. Katie Duggan here. Despite all the curveballs thrown at us, the Rhodes Branding team shifted to meet our clients branded merchandise needs consistently. Enter masks, masks, hand sanitizer, and more masks.
Although we anticipate masks and safety items will still be prevalent for the months to come, we welcome 2021 like a new friend with fresh goals, positive vibes, and a renewed sense of motivation. Even if we’re still at home in leggings and yoga pants (no shame in the comfort game).
The new year brings new branded merchandise items that I’m excited about and look forward to getting my hands on. Here are the key 2021 trends in branded merchandise:
- Health & Wellness
- Home Productivity
As your branded merchandise guru, I’m here to provide you with helpful information and tips for any type of item you may need. Let’s take a look at the trends.
Health & Wellness
Maintaining both a sound mind and body will continue to be critical throughout 2021. Mental and physical health is not taking a back seat, and brands prioritize merchandise that promotes overall wellness in our daily lives. From apparel to tech, more and more items are designed with health in mind.
My Watch List:
- Gaiter Hoodies: perfect for a stress-relieving morning run or walking your dog.
- Yoga Tote Bags: store all your sweat essentials in one tote, including a separate compartment for your yoga mat or towel.
- Hand Sanitizer Pens: these refillable spray sanitizer pens are great for your desk or storing in your kids’ backpacks.
On a color note, we’ve all experienced the yoyo of those sad versus elated feelings during these uncertain times, and the colors for 2021 follow just that — yellow and grey will be two trending tones this year.
While we still seem to be converting corners of the house into personal offices or striving for the best wifi spots for video conferences (looking at you, kitchen counter), working from home this year is about finding your groove. We’ve sacrificed blazers and work pants for now; productivity and connectivity can not. With that in mind, I’ve seen a wave of at-home essential items to help with just that.
My Watch List:
- Desktop Hub: this speaker not only charges your phone and holds your writing utensils, but it also has a built-in cable organizer and 4 USB ports. Hello, organization.
- Mobile Office Document Sleeve: easily transition from working in the office to remotely by transporting your folders, paperwork, and paper clips in this zippable sleeve.
- Adjustable Clip Vanity Light: lighting is everything during our numerous Zoom meetings; this adjustable light has three brightness settings and sits perfectly atop your laptop or phone. My personal favorite!
This trend continues its relevance and importance from the late 2010s to now. Brands are increasingly pursuing and creating eco-friendly branded merchandise items. According to Nielsen, since 2014, sustainable product sales have increased by close to 20 percent. As more companies and organizations put sustainability at the forefront of their goals and priorities, consumer behavior will grow.
My Watch List:
- Recycled Materials Tees: the affordable District Re-Tee is 100% recycled fabric and never re-dyed, made from reclaimed material. Soft and top-quality.
- Travel Tumbler with Straw: this reusable and washable straw is an excellent alternative for plastic and ideal for hot tea or iced coffee.
- Recycled Totes & Backpacks: RuMe® has quality, lightweight, and incredibly packable options whether you’re gearing up for a day hike or heading to the gym.
I’m here to help elevate your brand. It’s my job not only to find the items you want and need on time and on a budget but to help you navigate all the branded merchandise options available. As your personal shopper, I stay up-to-date on new items and ensure top-notch quality on anything you may choose.
I look forward to working with you; reach out today and let me know how I can help you with your branded merchandise order.