Three ways to get more Youtube channel interactions
There are very few people who don’t use Youtube for one reason or another. As a matter of fact, people watch 1 billion hours of content on the channel every day. That’s right, ONE BILLION hours. With that much content available on the social media platform, there are some ways to get more Youtube channel interactions to ensure your videos stand out and receive the views you’d like.
Upload written transcripts
Studies have found that adding transcripts to your videos increases your search engine optimization and affects how people interact with your videos. According to Verizon Media, 80 percent of people said they were more willing to watch a video entirely if it had captions. If your school or organization uses Youtube, adding closed captioning to your videos can be done in a few different ways.
- Type and upload your transcript using special formatting to indicate new speakers and signal background sounds. Your file should also include specific timestamps.
- Type the transcript while you watch your video. Though that may not sound like the most feasible option, Youtube has made the task easier with its “pause video while typing” feature.
- Paste in an already typed transcript, and use auto-sync. This option is similar to the first, but here, your file doesn’t have to have timestamps, and Youtube will “assign timings.”
Add end screens
Have you ever watched an entire Youtube video and then noticed boxes at the end that suggested other videos the account has uploaded or a button popped up telling you to subscribe to the channel? Those are Youtube end screens. Adding them to your videos will make accessing all your other content that much easier for viewers. To do so, follow these steps:
- Navigate to your channel’s videos and hover over one of them and select “Details.”
- Select “End screen” in the bottom right.
- Choose from one of the six types of end screens Youtube offers.
It’s that simple! Now, your viewer has quick access to interact with your Youtube channel without having to navigate anywhere else on the screen.
Turn video clips into gifs
One fun way to get people to your Youtube channel is to repurpose your videos’ content into gifs. Everyone enjoys a good gif now and then, and they make people stop and look. To create a gif from your video:
- Select your video on Youtube.
- In the navigation bar, add the word “gif” right before the domain name so that it now reads “www.gifyoutube.com/[youryoutubetag].” Doing this will take you to gifs.com, and your video will already be uploaded and ready for you to edit.
- Create your gif by using the toolbar on your screen’s left side to add captions, insert images, crop the video, and more. You can pick the exact part of the video you want to use for the gif and its duration using the timeline bar at the bottom.
- Select “Create Gif,” and there you have it! (Gifs.com does include their watermark on downloaded gifs, but if you want it removed, the premium plan is pretty reasonably priced.)
You can now post gifs from your video to your other social media profiles to get people interested in your videos. Talk about quick and easy content creation.