With the adoption of ChatGPT, Bard, and many other artificial intelligence (AI) tools becoming increasingly common in our everyday lives, AI is rapidly transforming how nearly every industry operates.
In the human resources profession, AI is significantly impacting K-12 talent professionals across the country, and its influence and everyday adoption will only grow.
There are many ways that AI is impacting the HR profession. Here are a few of the most important:
1. Automating repetitive tasks: AI can automate many of the repetitive tasks that K-12 talent professionals currently perform, such as screening resumes, scheduling interviews, and processing benefits. This frees up time to focus on more strategic tasks, such as developing talent strategies and creating a positive work environment for educators.
2. Providing insights into employee data: AI can analyze large amounts of employee data to identify trends and patterns. This information can improve decision-making, such as identifying high-performing teachers or areas where training is needed. For example, AI can be used to analyze employee performance data to identify areas for improvement or to identify teachers who are at risk of leaving the district.
3. Personalizing the employee experience: AI can be used to personalize the employee experience by providing tailored information and recommendations. For instance, AI can suggest training courses relevant to a teacher’s job role or identify professional development opportunities.
4. Improving diversity and inclusion: AI can be used to identify and address unconscious bias in hiring and promotion decisions. This can help to create a more diverse and inclusive workforce in K-12 education. For instance, AI can screen resumes without human input, which can help eliminate bias from the hiring process.
5. Protecting employee privacy: AI can be used to protect employee privacy by ensuring that personal data is used responsibly and competently. For example, AI can encrypt employee data and put security measures in place to prevent unauthorized access.
6. Creating a smooth onboarding process: AI can be used to provide new teachers with personalized onboarding materials and to answer their questions. For example, AI can be used to create an onboarding checklist that is tailored to each new teacher’s individual needs.
As AI continues to develop, it is likely to have an even greater impact on the K-12 talent space. How is your school or district utilizing AI to make your everyday lives more efficient?